Search This Blog

Friday, September 5, 2008

Statement by Congressman Richard E. Neal (D-MA)

“I am honored that Senator Barack Obama would ask me to serve on such a distinguished committee. As Chairman of the Friends of Ireland in the House of Representatives, I have had the pleasure of working closely with virtually every member of the advisory panel for more than 30 years on U.S.-Ireland relations. Each one of us has developed a longstanding relationship with the Irish government and the political leaders in Northern Ireland. I know we all share a deep commitment to maintaining and building upon the extraordinary relationship that exists between the people of the United States and those on the island of Ireland. I look forward to working closely with Senator Obama, Senator Biden and my colleagues on the advisory panel on this critically important issue during the presidential campaign. And I am certain it will be a foreign policy priority in President Obama’s administration.”

No comments:

Post a Comment