Statement by Congressman Richard E. Neal (D-MA)

“I am honored that Senator Barack Obama would ask me to serve on such a distinguished committee. As Chairman of the Friends of Ireland in the House of Representatives, I have had the pleasure of working closely with virtually every member of the advisory panel for more than 30 years on U.S.-Ireland relations. Each one of us has developed a longstanding relationship with the Irish government and the political leaders in Northern Ireland. I know we all share a deep commitment to maintaining and building upon the extraordinary relationship that exists between the people of the United States and those on the island of Ireland. I look forward to working closely with Senator Obama, Senator Biden and my colleagues on the advisory panel on this critically important issue during the presidential campaign. And I am certain it will be a foreign policy priority in President Obama’s administration.”

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dan Rooney, US Ambassador to Ireland, Returning to Pittsburgh after Distinguished Service to the United States and Ireland

President Biden Defends the Sacred Cause of American Democracy on the Eve of January 6 Anniversary